Wednesday, August 22, 2007

LOOKING THROUGH A CHILD'S EYES




When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard. My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away. My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen. My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk. My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that. My kids say, "Hi God!!! Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and clothes, and dirty carpets. My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross and worms to play with.

I wonder if we are given kids to teach, or to learn from?

-Author Unknown

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger All Is Whole said...

Hey Rose,
How are you?

Well we all are still the same kids the problem is that now we are so much engrossed in life and work is that we have to act sometimes according to what is accepted in all around and not in the way we love to do the things

Smiles :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger jac said...

hey ! You dont have to teach them anything...they are born to learn.

Each stage has a learning strategy that is quite different from the grown ups.

I suggest that you read " I am OK you are OK", though I know that it is too early for you to read it.

Could I say that this is one of the most sensible posts I have read for a long time ?? Serious subject, yet you made me feel so relaxed to digest it.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

the best...seriously.....the best post i have read..!

7:08 AM  
Blogger ani said...

innocence... and how fast we lose it?!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Bla said...

"I wonder if we are given kids to teach, or to learn from?"

An essential question!

4:28 AM  
Blogger che sara sara said...

i have learnt a lot from kids....
theri innocence is a good leasson to be learnt

9:57 PM  
Blogger che sara sara said...

i have learnt a lot from kids....
their innocence is a good lesson to be learnt

9:57 PM  
Blogger DINTOONS said...

this is so beautiful and so true.. and so wonderfully liberating...
to see life thru a child's eyes..
thanx!! :o)

5:25 AM  
Blogger Chronicler said...

a childs innocense at its best...al in al a gr8 post...it kindof makes you realise the city slicker we have all in a way becume...suspicious abot every small lil thing..

7:10 AM  
Blogger arpana said...

absolutely loved this post.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Vikram Nandwani said...

:) Superb! Loved it!!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi...
I must say... U hv a superb collection..
N this one's the best I feel...

12:34 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Always here with out fail !! :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

interesting thought -- and a beautiful picture!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
What a clever writing style you have. I really like the way you described your not-so-loved items, and the slideshow was brillo. I saw Mud's slideshow yesterday with the spotty tights, and loved that, too.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Priyankari said...

Nice post! True...innocence has a world of its own :)

11:54 PM  
Blogger jac said...

I will never give up lookin in!

12:48 AM  
Blogger claytonia vices said...

...and then we educate those kids LOL!!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Priyankari said...

Very nice post...loved it...wish we could be like kids again...

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home