Thursday, October 12, 2006

The World will never know my Beauty...

Sharbat Gula - Her face, her eyes and the thousand things they said became famous when it was featured on the June 1985 cover of National Geographic Magazine. Gula's picture was taken by National Geographic photographer Steve McCurry. She was an Afghan Girl orphaned during the Soviet Union's bombing of Afghanistan and sent to the Nasir Bagh refugee camp in Pakistan in 1984.


The world will never know my beauty..,
It is far too ignorant and blind to understand...

Or even see something so exalted.

I’ll love whomever I please, and I have, and still do..

I’m broken but strong, knowing
I’ll never die by society’s hand- though
Its weight makes it harder to breathe...

So I walk on and I walk tall,
With every moment of pain displayed on my delicate skin..
A road map to what once was,
A place I never plan to venture.

I live for the moment alone,
Forget the future and the past,
They exist only in one’s mind.

I expect little but hope for the world,
Think small but dream big..

The world will never know my beauty,
For I could never be part of this world...

- Unknown Poet

~I came across this poem... thought it was AWESOME...~

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm this post served to bring back some good memories.... In fact, I saw this documentary when it was retelecast. The woman belonging to a very conservative family.... They had to persuade her and her husband quite a lot to bring her before the camera again.....

Awesome >> Really!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Tanvi said...

That really is beautiful!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think no body can stand her stare...so much of pain behind that.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Neer said...

this indeed is beautiful rose!!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Anshuman said...

hmmmmmm........

Poems are a very dangerous potion for me .. it makes me go sentimental, and then I keep thinking it all ..
lemme close this window fast ;-D

8:45 AM  
Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

IT IS AWEAOME . . .

11:45 AM  
Blogger neermathalam said...

hheyy i hav posted the same.....
http://happylighthouse.blogspot.com/2006/08/happiness.html
same pinch...
:)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

I saw the retelecast of the Afghan woman too. She has altered so much, the youth has been replaced with a haggard tired face. Sadness.
The poem goes so well :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

hiii wherever you picked it up from kudos to you for searching it out. It was a fantastic read.
P.S and if you are it's creator then kudos to you for coming up with one such beauty

2:25 AM  
Blogger jac said...

Sad that we don't know who wrote this.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Harsh said...

Oh, the eyes....

10:04 PM  
Blogger soumya mukerji said...

Awesome, indeed.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good compilation....also write something connected to yourself...

10:10 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

@ Thomas..

Cant access your profile.. Guess you need to change some settings...

My personal blog is I Me Myself..

..Me

12:27 AM  
Blogger Pavi said...

lovely!
i liked the first post
"are we given children to learn from them or to teach them?n the picture of the girl wasn't getting loaded.
Yeah, James Blunt is awesome..
especially
"you are beautiful"
All in all, your virtual territory is quite like you, i must day :D

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home